Friday, April 9, 2010

Blogger's Block.

Ever have one of those days when you just couldn't decide what you wanted to do?

Well, I'm currently experiencing such a moment in time similiar to the above.

I feel the urge to write, but there is such a melting-pot of ideas churning in my old head, I'm having trouble trying to decide what category I want to write about, whether to comment on the compost heap of Politics, or to focus on just one ember of this bloated campfire of craziness we now call D.C.

I can't decide whether the current era should be called "Obama Nation " or "Abomination". Either way it seems that the only thing being done is the two "Parties" constantly jousting with one another, trying to get the upper hand in the voters mind, and neither, as far as I can see, are being particularly successful in their efforts . Meanwhile the President can be counted on to do one of several set things, which seem to be his fixed itinerary. First, it seems, the Prez favors hopping on Air Force One and flying off somewhere to continue ,for all practical intents and purposes , his Presidential campaign, or he gives yet another in his seemingly daily series of "Lectures".

I for one am getting a little more than sick of his lecturing the American People.
It seems to rile Mr. Obama that he has to continually glare from beneath beetling brows and tell the American People what they should think and do. It seems he's losing patience with us, the lowly electorate, for not bowing down before now and declaring him to be the Maximum Leader for Life in the U.S. A., and thus being able to issue orders to Congress, do away with the inconvenience of Elections , and just whip us, The People, into a malleable lump of obedient clay that he can form into the shape he wishes it to be.

I know, for one certain thing, I am sick and tired of Partisan Journalism. It is just as abhorrent for Time and Newsweek, CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, and etc, to fall all over themselves in their lavish praise of Obama, as it is for Fox News to be one sided in their support of the Republicans.
Hell, Time Magazine might just as well re-lable itself "The Obama weekly" and get it over with. And Campbell brown could Tattoo "Obama is Right" on her forehead without significantly changing her cant.

Maybe none of this makes sense, I confess I don't know, but like I said in the beginning I didn't know what I wanted to write about, but as least I'm writing................or trying to, and as best as I can tell thats more than Congress can say about their efforts in running this Country. Maybe what this Country, the same Country that my Ancestors have fought for, beginning with the Revolutionary War, and all wars since, needs now, instead of new blood,which is just another word for relative kids really who have never been in the pits or Foxholes, whose greatest deprivations have been the lack of a Cell Phone or Blackberry, and who have absolutely no idea what it's like to work, Hard, for little Money,perhaps we, then, as a people, need a few more Grizzled old Vets of Wars Foreign and Domestic, Sanctioned and Unsanctioned, to set a few stakes delineating what part of this supposedly free country we claim as ours. And No, Emphatically No, I am not talking about people starting to start one of these half-assed Militias, running around a private patch of woods in Camo going bang at Oak Trees, and then retiring to their $40,000.00 trucks to drink beer and tell each other how mean they could be if one of those sinister "Black Helicopters" ever set down on their little part of Tobacco Road.

Those morons have about as much in common with a real soldier as a roadrunner has to a Bald Eagle.

Well , as I said when I started this rant, I didn't and don't know for sure what I wanted to write about, but at least I gave it a shot.

Temper Fi

TOP

Appreciate your indulgence



TOP

No comments: