Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Again We Sorrow

Good evening Friends:

I am sure that anyone reading this is as Heartsick as I am over the unspeakable tragedy that occurred last week at the school full of little Children in Connecticut. I guess I'm just like almost everyone else, in that I cannot, for the life of me, understand why anyone, even a Madman, would wish to harm innocent children, who as we all know, are not capable of doing anything harmful to a grown person, and thus cannot be guilty of any behavior or actions that would engender a standing enmity to cause one to perpetrate such a vicious, filthy,Irrational and sick Act, as this was.

I cannot wrap my mind around this. I keep getting a mental image of Twenty Small Coffins, Twenty growing lives and minds stilled forever, accompanied by Six Adults, who gave their lives to protect these beautiful, innocent Children. Perhaps I am not supposed to. I know many people would say that we cannot understand God's purpose in allowing such Acts, I would say that this cannot be the Act of God, but the act of a perverted madman, who abused the free will we are all given, but shed the cloak of love and caring which we are all also given.

I Do Not and Cannot understand this, and I never will. Perhaps I am not meant to.

I have written before that there is NO reason any civilian should have to own an Assault Weapon. They have only one purpose, and that is to Kill Human Beings. PERIOD.

I have been a Gun Owner since I was about Ten years old, or so, and never as a Civilian have I ever pointed a gun at an innocent Human Being, and I cannot believe ANY sensible Gun Owner, be they Sportsman or Collector or Scholar, would have any objection to the complete Outlawing of Civilian Ownership of Assault Weapons.

A gun is nothing more than a tool, and as such can be misused such as most tools can, but a gun is of a much faster and easier Lethality than most any other tool, with the possible exception of the Motor Vehicle, which also is responsible for the Death and maiming of too many beings each year. Just as No One other than a member of the Armed Services or Police Officer has any conceivable need for an Assault Weapon, neither does anyone have any need for an Automobile capable of ridiculous speeds, but many such vehicles are sold each year.

I believe that it is long past time that we all stop and say, this is too much, No More, and make the changes anyone of average intelligence should realize are necessary to protect the innocent.

Remember always these Precious little Children.

TOP

No comments: