Saturday, May 1, 2010

Anniversary

Hideho Good Folks:

Well today is the Anniversary of this mess that I call a Blog.

One year ago today I wrote a piece about that Lovable Jockey,Calvin Borel, winning the Kentucky Derby, and darned if he didn't just turn around and do the same thing today. He won again on Super Saver, making him the winner of three of the past four Derbys.

I don't know what it is about the Kentucky Derby that makes it so special, not just to myself and my wife, but to a tremendous amount of other folks.

Maybe its the competition, maybe its the Beauty of the Setting, or the majesty of the Horses, I just don't know.

Or perhaps its the idea of watching these splendid animals give their all, for very little in the way of an equine award. Same old stall, same old hay and oats, with perhaps an occasional treat in the way of a reward. Its a puzzle.

Or maybe its the idea that here is a sentient being giving its all just for the joy and challenge of outrunning the other competitors.

Quite a contrast to we humans, huh? Kind of makes you wonder which is the superior species doesn't it? I think horses have in common with Mans True Best Friend, the Dog, in doing what it does for very little reward.

Perhaps we can all learn a lesson from Animals.

Worth thinking about.

Stay Well

TOP

1 comment:

JT said...

Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary. I always enjoy reading your blog. May God Bless You.