Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Confession

Hello Good People:

I hope everyone is well and happy today, and if not, I wish you to become so:

Today's post is to clear up any misconception I have have inadvertently fostered by using the nom de Blog," The Old Professor."
While it is abundantly clear, both to those who know me, and probably to those who happen upon this Blog, I am not now, nor have I ever been a Professor, in the accepted sense of the word i.e. (per Websters): any teacher who has the rank of professor, associate professor, or assistant professor.

or(but) another definition is given in yon dusty tome, and.

that is: a person who professes his or her sentiments, beliefs, etc. In this second definition, I am well qualified for the quasi-title the Old Professor, for as the calender, and my mirror will attest, I am undoubtedly OLD and earnestly hope to become older, and in this Blog, at least, i do profess my sentiments and beliefs, sprinkled with a few facts and quotations . Perhaps I should begin always use the lower case i, in order to self-admit myself to the Asylum for people who talk or think to much. i really don't think there would be many Blogs if everyone felt this present sense of Humility i now feel. One more bit of self flagellation and i'll be done. I acquired the nickname years ago for being able, somehow (its a mystery to me) keep a fairly large quantity of useless facts, trivia, equations, etc in my mind, and frequently when one of my Colleagues would be stumped for an answer, someone else would say " ask the Old Professor, he'll know". Sometimes I did and sometimes I didn't, but the nickname stuck .Thus. Semper Veritas.

Claro ?

Cheers

TOP

No comments: